Re: Clutch Noise

To: Ken Willanger <ken_willanger@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Clutch Noise
From: Bill Manning <gripdad@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 09:02:14 -0800 (PST)
Ken,
It could be loose bolts on the flywheel, a broken
clutch disk spring, or a bad throw out bearing. I
would check your crankshaft end play to make sure it's
not the thrust washers. These are replaced by removing
the oil pan and it couldn't hurt to replace rod
bearings if your going to remove the oil pan. Rod
bearing and thrust washer failure have killed a lot of
Spitfire motors and they are fairly easy to replace.
Good Luck.
Bill Manning   VARA DP Spitfire #3