Re: Suggestions for front spring compression

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Suggestions for front spring compression
From: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 09:11:50 -0800 (PST)
Here is the compressor I designed.
www.firespitter.com/spitfire/compressor1.jpg
www.firespitter.com/spitfire/compressor2.jpg

As I mentioned before, you need a welder. But other
tools you'll need are some general clamps or way to
brace the parts together (which you should have if you
have a welder anyhow), a drill, 3/8" drill bit, and a
hack saw, some metal cutting blades, and a file.
(Goes much quicker if you have a reciprocating saw and
an angle grinder instead of the hacksaw and file
<-Just wasn't thinking at the time when I did it.)
The assembly components are actually pretty cheap. The
most expensive thing is the giant screw handle thing
which I believe was $18-$19 (Made from a brand new
giant "C" clamp from the hardware store that was cut
and welded to the assembly).
-Terry