Re: Smith's Dual gauge

To: MKCASPIAN1@aol.com
Subject: Re: Smith's Dual gauge
From: doug@dougbraun.com
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:36:12 -0500
Hello,

The fact that your engine has not chewed itself to pieces suggests that your
oil pressure is not too bad, but that's not the best long-term way of keeping
track of your oil pressure. :-)

Obviously there is a problem in the wiring somewhere.  There might be a short,
or maybe some previous owner has hooked up things all wrong.  These problems
can be a real pain to track down.  Try wiggling all the relevant harness while
the
engine is running and see if the light flickers off.  Also check
the brake warning light and the brake pressure switch, because
these are interconnected with the oil pressure circuit.
Try disconnecting the wire to the brake pressure switch
(PDWA) and see if that changes anything.

Good luck,

Doug