Neet Brit

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Neet Brit
From: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 22:45:33 -0500
I think Canley is way out there for Spit parts, but I found a spacer block to
lower the rear 3/4 inch. My local machine shop wanted $60.00, more if they
screwed up the first one. I bought one from Canley for $44.72. I had it five
days later.

The local machine shop redrilled my rear vertical links, to lower the rear
spring 1" and it looked like a negative camber situation was possible. Now I
have two alternative positions for lowering the rear spring, which is new.

Wolfe racing has an adjustable rear vertical link. They are a British Co. What
is wrong with the US importers? What is wrong with US production for that
matter? No one in the US offers a spacer block. The general consensus is have
a spring shop arch or dearch the rear spring. I have not found a spring
company that would dearch a spring for less than $80.00, in Oklahoma. Why
screw with a new spring, in a press, when other options are available that
allow you to experiment and return to original specs.

Just bitchin.

Larry