master cylinder rebuild kit

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: master cylinder rebuild kit
From: "David Mayer" <celiracer81@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 20:15:11 +0000
Hello all,
  I found that my brake master cylinder is leaking.  I think i will just
pick up a rebuild kit for it but i am not sure which one to get.  My master
cylinder is the one with the large plastic reservoir.  Isn't that considered
a later model master cylinder?  The car is a '68, but weren't those master
cylinders only fixed to later years?  As I am typing this, I found an
auction on Ebay for a rebuild kit for 76-80 master, would that work for
mine?
  Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
  Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org