Re: 1980 electric fan

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1980 electric fan
From: Roger Elliott <elliottr@rmi.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 18:40:27 -0500
Thank you.  I finally found the fuse. It was okay as verified by a VOM.

My problem seems to be that there is no voltage at the thermo switch on
the radiator.  After studying the wiring diagram for quite awhile.  It
looks like the power to the thermo switch comes through the relay, then
to the thermo switch, then to ground.  Is that right or is my thinking
shorted out?

If I am right, I should have power at 2 of the connectors at the relay.
1. the white wires coming in should provide power to the go to the
thermo switch.  2. the wire that provides the power to the fan.   Only
the wire that provides the power to the fan has voltage in it.

Is there someplace I should be looking for a loose connection.  I have
crawled under the dash and looked under the bonnet, but nothing is
jumping out at me.

Thanks,

Roger Elliott

===     http://www.vtr.org