Brake Light Switch Re-Wire Help, PLEASE!!!

To: Spitfire <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake Light Switch Re-Wire Help, PLEASE!!!
From: Shane Sizemore <c0ssizem@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 16:42:02 -0700 (PDT)
I posted this on the message board and thought I'd
post it here as well. I have no brake lights (bulbs
good/contacts cleaned) Switch had 3 wires (all rotten
and not useable all the way to the loom). I have a new
one and need to rewire from scratch not using the main
loom. Here is a copy of my question, THANK YOU in
advance for your help! I really want to take it out of
the neighborhood this weekend!!

[Just thought of something (should have thought about
it earlier). My problem was no brakes lights, 3 wires
from brake light switch to main loom under column were
rotten/gone all the way to the look. Closer inspection
found rest of wires in loom good and culprit was
time/weather etc...
I have now a new brake light switch. I was going to
wire the hot straight to the fuse box and have a
chssis ground. My thought/question is this: How do I
wire up to the rear brake lights to activate? There
WAS a 3rd wire originally that I saw. I think it was
on the same side of the switch that was wired HOT.
Can anyone tell me where to "tap in" to the rear brake
light wiring when running the 3rd wire to the rear of
the car?
There is not enough wire out of the loom to work
with...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!
Shane ]

===     http://www.vtr.org