Re: Brake Light Switch Re-Wire Help, PLEASE!!!

To: Spitfire <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Light Switch Re-Wire Help, PLEASE!!!
From: Shane Sizemore <c0ssizem@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 10:57:33 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for the replies, The car is a 1975 Spitfire.
I do have a Haynes manual and a multimeter.
Troubleshooting electical issues is not one of my best
skills but I figure if I am starting fresh it would be
ok.

I just wanted to know how to wire up this switch to
work without having to reuse the main harness/loom.

I was thinking one side hot to fuse box, another wire
off of that to the rear brake lights (somewhere) and
the other side of switch to ground or ?

I think the wire I need to tap into is grn/brn maybe
to activate brake lights (per the diagram).
I am sure I can figure it out.

Thanks to everyone for their replies/help. It is very
much appreciated. Have a great weekend.

Shane

===     http://www.vtr.org