Re: Brake Light Switch Re-Wire Help, PLEASE!!!

To: Shane Sizemore <c0ssizem@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Brake Light Switch Re-Wire Help, PLEASE!!!
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 22:16:16 -0400
What year is your car?  My '72 MK IV has only two separate wires going to the
brake
light switch.

But the 1500's DO have three wires:  One supplies the power, the second is
connected to
it and feeds power to other things (like the backup lights), and the third wire
goes
to the stop lights.  The first two wires should be the same color (green?) and
the third wire is a different color.

Do you have a wiring diagram for your car and a multi-meter?  If not, you
are making things difficult for yourself.  The meter will help you identify
which wire
is which, if the insulation is too messed up to identify the colors.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit

===     http://www.vtr.org