As much as I hate to ask this.....

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: As much as I hate to ask this.....
From: Spitfire 1500 <s1500@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 22:30:58 -0500
I hate to ask the list this, for it may involve parting with my baby, but..

What's the implications for selling a Spitfire with the cat removed(a '79) in a
state that does no more emissions testing? I'm in minnesota, and emissions
testing stopped in '99. During the time I had it, it had all the equipment on
and passed normally. After that, what was left of the aging cat & exhaust
manifold was replaced with a 4-2-1(no air pump either) but everything else was
left on(canisters, breather, etc).

With being 30 and having to make mortgage payments and other expenses, I'm
putting more money into the car & such than I'm getting out of driving it.
Heck,
it was so hot today I couldn't go out for a test drive after doing a
flush/bleed
of the clutch(I hope it went through).

I just don't want to get in trouble or the buyer mad at me if I sell it and
he/she has to go through hoops.

===     http://www.vtr.org