Re: As much as I hate to ask this.....

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, s1500@comcast.net
Subject: Re: As much as I hate to ask this.....
From: george.r.parker@att.net
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 11:54:26 +0000
Well, if it were me - I'd be sure any prospective buyer understands the current
condition of the car and offer up all the parts that came off the car.  But you
may not have them (I don't recall).  It's up to the buyer to ensure that the
car meets their locations requirements before they buy it, but it's up to you
to be sure they understand exactly what they are buying.

I think cats came in around '73 or '74 (I'm sure someone more knowledgable can
correct me here), but I once bought a '77 308 that had no cats from the
factory.  It used what they called a "Thermo-Reactive" exhaust, which is *like*
a cat, but is an insulated header to superheat the exhaust and burn leftover
stuff.  But there was a placard inside the drivers door that said
"Non-Catalyst", so the inspector just let the bare headers go (thermo-reactive
stuff was long gone by then).  Anyway, my point is that I knew what I was
buying and checked with a licensed state inspector *before* I bought - so there
would be no problems.

As long as you're up front about what you're selling, the rest is up to the
buyer.  Hope that helps.
--
George P.
NASS #290