Re: [Spits] Car Covers

To: "'Matthew Milkevitch'" <mmilkevitch@yahoo.com>, <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spits] Car Covers
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 18:57:44 -0700
I am assuming that you are expecting to cover the car to keep the rain and
other sorts of precipitation off the car.  If that is your intention, I
think it is a fool's errand.  Most car covers are designed to keep the sun
and dust off and are porous so that moisture goes through them.

Covering a car with a non-porous cover will trap moisture under the cover
and encourage rust.

There is no substitute for a good garage or carport to keep moisture off a
car.

But if you are really just wanting something to keep the sun off, I have
found the ones from Moss work pretty well.  I have 2 of them and have been
very happy with both of them.

Joe