[Spits] Car Covers

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spits] Car Covers
From: "Stuart Greenwood" <sagreenwood@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 22:47:29 -0700
As somebody already said you don't want a cover that can't breath otherwise the
car will stay wet.
In my experience the best material is one called sunbreja This has a 5 year
guarantee. I have had one for 6 years and used it everyday when the car is
parked all day in the sun at work or on the drive at home. For the first 4
years it didn't leak water when it was raining and now it just lets a little
through .The only thing that fails is the stitching . After 4 years I sent it
back under warrantee and they re-stitched it and also replaced some panels that
had worn... all for  $13 including postage. It's a thick cover so it doesn't
roll up small.  I've just bought a new cover made from Weathershield  for
another of my cars which is much thinner and therefore rolls up small. I'm
thinking I should have stuck with Sunbeja but the sales man said I would like
it.... we'll see
Like everything else don't buy a cheap cover.  For a good cover you are looking
at $300.

sagreenwood@earthlink.net
San Diego
71 Spitfire Mk IV, 71 Stag Mk I, 80 TR8 Federal