Re: [Spits] Safety Switch?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, Daniel Parrott <parrotthead01@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Spits] Safety Switch?
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 05:43:58 -0800 (PST)
Last year I saw an accident where a SUV had flipped on its side, and the wheels
were still slowly spinning, because the engine was still running.
So I would lean towards the inertia valve.

I guess it's especially important if the pump is back next to the tank.  If the
pump were close to the carb, a break in the fuel line behind it would not be
such a big danger.

Or just use a stock mechanical pump.  That approach has always worked fine for
my car :-)

Doug Braun
'72 Spit