[Spits] Dolly or Trailer

To: NASS Spitfire <nass@yahoogroups.com>, Spitfire List
Subject: [Spits] Dolly or Trailer
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 06:39:19 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,

I'm going about 5 hours from the house to pick up a '71 GT6.  I'm told it was
flooded in this past winters floods.  It has had silt in the interior.  That
said, it's still in pretty good shape....bodywise.  The question is, do I
trailer it or dolly it home.  The cheaper route is the dolly.  The trailer is
20' long & really puts a hurting on your body after a while...tends to bounce
the truck a lot.  I'm leaning toward the dolly.

What are the thoughts out there?  I'm thinkin' it would be a wise move to
grease the axles in the back.  I'm assuming this car is a rotoflex suspension.
Are there grease fittings near the brake backing plates like there are on the
solid axle cars?

I am planning on bringing a set of good rims/tyres to install as well as
grease, tools...etc.

Cheers,

Todd Bermudez #596
Cincinnati, OH