Re: [Spits] Dolly or Trailer

To: cwn74@aol.com, red_tr250@yahoo.com, nass@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Re: [Spits] Dolly or Trailer
From: Andrew Mace <zoboherald@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 10:07:51 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Clark W. Nicholls <cwn74@aol.com>

U-Haul used to rent dual axle trailers.
If loaded properly it should tow fine.
Andy Mace and I used to tow with a rather basic single axle trailer with no
complaints either.
(Andy even did a hair raising 12 hour trip successfully)
Again, getting the car loaded so you have a proper tongue weight is the key!

==AM==
OMG, memories of towing...the stories I could tell.... :-)

Over the years, I've towed about every way possible, save for use of a rollback
flatbed or traditional
"hook" tow truck (although I've had them done, it was by professionals). But
for doing it myself:

1. good tow vehicle (not your neighbor's old Peugeot wagon with a Kmart trailer
hitch)
2. solid, safe trailer big enough to hold whatever vehicle (icnluding the above
Peugeot wagon, in my case,
to "rescue" my then-father-in-law!)

Personally, I feel that if the car can't be driven, and you're going more than
about 20 miles, it
deserves to be on a trailer (or a flatbed truck, or even in a U-Haul box truck
if you're clever).

I see them used all the time, but I'm just not a fan of dollies for the long
haul.

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: http://triumph-herald.us