[Spits] (no subject)

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spits] (no subject)
From: Charles Reid <mapper55@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 19:07:11 -0400
I haven't seen any messages yet, but I thought I might introduce myself.

I am working on a 1980 Triumph Spitfire, doing a frame off restoration.  I am
currently in the process of putting the rear suspension back in place, and

I noticed that the rear shocks seem a tad short.  I have double checked the
part numbers on the shocks.  The instruction say that the car must be
supported by the tires in order to replace the rear shocks.  With the car
suspended, and the wheels hanging unsupported, it looks like the weight of the
half shaft, hub, brakes, wheel and tire are suspended by the shock.  Is this
correct?

Charles Reid
1980 Triumph Spitfire

The New Busy is not the too busy. Combine all your e-mail accounts with
Hotmail.
http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?tile=multiaccount&ocid=PID2832
6::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_4

Spitfires@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive