Checking In

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Checking In
From: Bert Kleinschmidt <kleinschmidt@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 01:21:15 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi,

I recently joined this list after monitoring the Healey's list for quite a
while.  I am in the process of rebuilding
(restoring would probably be too grand a term) a '69 Sprite which I bought as a
parts car for a 65 Midget
which was a parts car for a 59 Sprite, but I eventually decided to rebuild all
three!!!  (a long story which I won't
bore you all with right now).  I am aiming to have the 69 Sprite on the road
next summer but I have a lot left to do.
The car is currently totally dismantled and I am in the process of repairing
and replacing damaged/rusted pieces
of the front frame assembly.  I have always enjoyed working on cars and bikes,
but I haven't done much real
body work so this project is quite a learning experience.  I'm having a blast!

Regards,
Bert Kleinschmidt

69 Sprite (what the unitiated would probably consider hopeless)
65 Midget (just a little worse than the 69 Sprite)
59 Sprite (makes the other two look good)