RE: What's in a name?

To: "'spritenut@Exit109.com'" <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: RE: What's in a name?
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 07:22:00 -0400
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Frank -
>>  What about those who have swapped Toyota or Datsun
>> engines/transmissions into their "Spridgets", are those cars no longer
>> "Spridgets"?
>
>We will call these "sprid-JAP-ets"

And, I suppose that if such a car were left sitting out in a field long
enough that it had plants growing on it, it would be a "sprid-ja-Chia-pet".
 (Sorry, couldn't resist) :-)

>American lumped/Jap trannyed/Fiat bodied LBC

Does "American lump" refer to the engine or the driver?  That would be a
kind thing to call some of the folks I had to contend with on the freeway
this morning!

Okay, I'll stop.  At least until I've gotten some coffee.

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net
'77 Midget