Re: Bugeye Door Panels

To: "Sprite List" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Bugeye Door Panels
From: "Jeff Church" <jchurch@exis.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 18:35:50 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Rick,

No there is no "pattern" per se, but it does have an indention.  As
Horler's ORIGINAL SPRITE AND MIDGET says, "The panel applied to the door
differed in that the material was laid over an additional thin cardboard
former to produce a shallow recessed effect in the centre of the panel. The
top edge of this was further formed by a curved steel edging strip which
produced a convex panel allowing an increase in the door pocket space."

I made all new panels for my Bug (using the Frank Calrici method) except
for the door panels. I have been trying to figure out how to produce the
effect described above.