Re: Bugeye Engine Compartment Color

To: Bob Frato <BOBFRATO@OHIO.NET>
Subject: Re: Bugeye Engine Compartment Color
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 1997 21:05:50 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

Bob Frato wrote:

> A previous owner of my 59' Bugeye painted the engine compartment black.  Is
> this a common occurance?
>
> I'm planning on having the car repainted this winter, and I'm wondering if
> I should take everything out and have it repainted body color.  I'll admit
> this would look better - but I don't really want to get into the "I might
> as well thing" - the mechanicals are working fine and I really don't see
> the point of taking it all apart.  Will having a black engine compartment
> hurt the cars originality?
>
> Bob Frato
> 59' Bugeye AN5L17601

All Bugeyes came from the factory with all body panels painted as the car.
Under the bonnet, inside the boot (sort of) and all interior panels.Black
engine bays only hurt Originality Nuts. Black engine bays hide grease (not that
Sprites ever leak)
If you do decide to respray the bay, remove everything, engine, trans, wires,
brakes, brake lines, heater etc.

--
Frank Clarici
Too many Sprites