Re: 1500 Oil Cooler hardware - where to buy?

To: mumsy <mumford@rpi.edu>
Subject: Re: 1500 Oil Cooler hardware - where to buy?
From: Dave Miles <azdlm@azstarnet.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 21:49:52 -0700
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

mumsy wrote:

> I have the 16-row Mocal oil cooler.  That's it.  I have no kit.
>
> I'm at a loss as to how I'm supposed to attach the oil cooler to the
> engine block, and incorporate an oil filter and oil thermostat into it
> somehow.  I assume that if you buy the "kit" that various companies
> sell, you get all this magic hardware and you just screw on those
> adapters and you're all set.
>
> Well, I didn't buy the "kit", just the "cooler".  No mounting brackets,
> no nothing, just the cooler unit itself.
>
> I would like to use braided steel lines, and have a couple lying around
> for this purpose.  I fear they may be too short, though.
>
> I can't seem to find anything in VB, Moss, or Mini Mania that can help
> me.  Can any of you point me in the right direction?  I need everything
> BUT the cooler to get me going.
>
> thanks,
> eric
>
> --
>  __.o,\____  Go, Lil' Racer! * Eric C. Mumford
> /__ \ /  _ ) 1979 MG Midget  * mumford@rpi.edu
>  (+)`---(+)  http://travolta.stu.rpi.edu

Eric,

    I would suggest trying to contact the manufacturere.  Maybe they would
sell you the "kit" or whatever you need, or tell you where you can find
them. Good luck,

Dave

--

Dave Miles

"I meant what I said, and I said what I meant.
 An elephant's faithful, one hundred percent." --Horton.
"Come on, you SOBs, do you want to live forever?"--GySgt Dan Dailey, USMC

1960 Morris Minor Traveller  1949 Willys CJ-2a  1951 Willys Wagon
1962 Chevy Greenbrier Van  1965 VW Beetle     1951 Plymouth Cambridge
1951 Chevy Pick-up  1949 Chevy 2.5 ton  1968 MG Midget  1977 MG Midget

Buford the Anatolian Shepherd
Ferrare and Basky, Arabian stallion and mare
Sally, the Tennessee Donkey
Amy, the Morgan Mare