Re: Weber and Spridget 5 Speed Transmission

To: Phil Profili <pprofili@hercii.mar.lmco.com>
Subject: Re: Weber and Spridget 5 Speed Transmission
From: Rick Walters <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 21:20:09 +0000
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Phil,

Welcome to the Spridget List.  I wish I could comment on your cam
selection, It is almost the same as mine in a 1275 engine.  I haven't
got the car on the road yet, so I can't say what it will be like.  But,
I can comment on the 5-speed tranny.  According to the what I hear it is
a datsun 210, Not B210 Tranny.  The kit is sold in Tenn. from Rivergate
Restoration Products.  Ph. 423-332-2030, Email Rivergate@compuserve.com.
Most of what I hear is good.  A member in our club SMVMGC thinks they
are the best Mod ever produced.  He even sold all of his rib cage
tranny's, because "he wont run nothing else".  Mini-Mania is the only
bad report I have, It seems they had one destroy the Cluster.  Although
Mini does a lot of track racing, and this maybe why.  Everyone else That
has the 5-speed I've talked to thinks it's great.

Now the bad news, I wanted to put one in my Frogeye.  But with
everything else taking a higher priority, I can't afford it when I have
a perfectly good 4 speed rib cage setting on the shop floor.  It looks
like the initial cost would be about $750.00.  I have much more pressing
things to spend that kind of dollars on right now.  So until mine blows
up, or I get tired of High rev's I will have to suffer with the 4 speed.

Rick

52 MGTD, 74 MGB, 76 XJ12C, & Puddles (60 Frogeye)

http://www.softcom.net/users/walters

snip