Re: eezibleed

To: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: eezibleed
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 07:55:19 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I guess I'm confused.  I've never had any problems bleeding either brake or
clutch systems that I didn't cause myself.  All I do is make sure that the
MC is bled first, then use quite slow, steady strokes pausing at the bottom
of the stroke.  If I have a helper, then I close the bleed screw on the
slave cylinder I'm working on to raise the pedal, but it doesn't really seem
to matter.

I use a tube to a sealed container, making sure that there is fluid next to
the bleed valve at all times (ie the hose goes higher than the valve), and
that's all!  Clutch normally takes about ten strokes, five minutes max, and
it's done.  All the brakes normally take about 45 minutes, from empty.

Brian