Re: Dare we hope?

To: b-evans@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Dare we hope?
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 20:45:08 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On Wed, 10 Dec 1997 b-evans@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Volkswagen is planning to re-introduce the Beetle.  Rover has ordered up
> a new Mini. The London Times today revealed that Citroen has ordered its
> engineers to come up with a new 2CV.  Can a new Sprite be far behind?

Frankly,  I don't know if I want to see it.  I don't like the new Mini, if
I was into Bugs I probably wouldn't like the new Beetle (I do).  I didn't
like some drawings of a new big Healey that I once saw.
They take a classic shape that I hold dear and melt it while they blow at
it from the front.  Then they paint all the chrome body-color and put in
the interior of a Taurus.  They make it drive like a Honda and sound like
a Civic.  It weighs twice as much as it once did, but it has air bags,
A/C, and ABS.

I would be surprised if someone who really is into MGBs would buy an MGF.
If the F didn't say MG on it, most people would probably prefer a Miata,
IMO.
Now, if the new Sprite was a rebadged Lotus Elise, that would be
something.  It almost has bugeyes too....

                                                           '67 Sprite