Re: "Tis the Season"

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: "Tis the Season"
From: FunE4MG <FunE4MG@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 10:43:36 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Last night was the annual Ocean Beach (CA) Christmas parade and a bunch of us
in the San Diego MG club took our cars and participated in the festivites.
Since my MGA is in the dismantle stage, my wife and I took the Bugeye...top
down of course....got there a little early and put some battery powered lights
on the fender beading and the grille and some garland around the cockpit and
windshield, a bow on the grille and a stocking on the Sprite arrow.  I thought
it looked pretty stylish...until the MGs showed up with their power inverters
plugged into the cig. lighters (I don't even have a cig. lighter) and powering
3 and 4 strands of blinking, chasing and very colorful, lights....like 30
lights in each strand.  We drove in a group weaving across the entire parade
route to wave at the people on each side of the street and to give them all a
good look at the cars...
Now maybe my ears are just tuned in differently but I never heard anyone say,
"I love your MG!" all night....it was more like, "Look kids a Bugeye Sprite"
and Hey Wonderfull Sprite, Man!" to which my wife and I would reply,
"Thanks...have a "Merry Christmas".  It felt pretty good to have all those
eyes oogling the cars...Drove it home on the freeway with the lights still
attached and turned on too!  It was dark so I couldn't see any reactions to
the Sprite, except for 1 Suburban with a bunch of kids that rolled down the
windows and hollered out at us, all giving us the thumbs up sign.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Sprite.
Tom
1960 Starbug Sprite