Antennas and car covers

To: <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Subject: Antennas and car covers
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 22:16:19 -0500
Cc: "mgs" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Larry Macy wrote:

> OK I'll bite. How, when you put a cover on the car do you handle the
>  antenna? I have a cover for the Midget that I used for several years.
>  Then wthis last spring when I got it runnin' again I have not used the
>  cover 'cuz I put the antenna back in and am not sure about cutting a
hole
>  in the cover for it to go over the spike. Well, what would you say?

My antenna is two pieces.  Where they fit together there are "teeth" on
each piece so that the angle of the antenna can be adjusted with respect to
the base.  The teeth are held in contact with a screw.  When I want to put
the cover on, I loosen the screw and rotate the antenna to lie parallel to
the windshield on the cowl.  No hole in the cover is required.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool,
than to speak, and remove all doubt."  -- Mark Twain