Re: Sprite movie sighting

To: Skip Tannen <Tannen@googolbox.babson.edu>
Subject: Re: Sprite movie sighting
From: Amy Turner <ltturner@cococo.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 00:13:03 -0500
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Skip Tannen wrote:

> Amy,
>
> I remember finding out about this movie, but I never saw it in any of my
> area theaters!  Didn't know it even came out!

My eagle-eyed husband noticed that at the end of the movie there was a
title for Showtime Productions.  Apparently it was never released.
Still, there ought to be videos available, don't you think?  We get
Showtime 2 on DSS, and I don't know how common it is on cable systems.

> ...Turned out that Kevin Bacon was walking around with a
> film crew scouting out the area!  From what eveyone said, he was getting
> ready to shoot the film "Losing Chase".  Question for you - was he in
> it, did he direct it, or did he bail out of the project?

He directed it according to the web page I found.  It was his
directorial debut, and the movie debuted at the Sundance Film Festival.

> ...I always see that red Sprite around Vineyard
> Haven and Oak Bluffs.  It's owned by a local, but I have yet to find the
> owner and talk to him or her.  ...It's not too badly
> abused, but it's clear that the owner is more into it for fun
> transportation than anything else.  There was very little rust, the
> paint was pretty badly faded (lot's o' salt air and red paint is a bad
> combination) and the interior wasn't much to speak of.

I thought it was dulling spray, but the paint did look weathered.  The
car was meant to be a little rough in the film, and it sounds like that
local car fit the role.

Can I now claim that I'm very close to a relative of a film star?

Amy