Re: Silicon switch-over DON'T DO IT!!!

To: Heather & Joe Way <sierrasa@psln.com>
Subject: Re: Silicon switch-over DON'T DO IT!!!
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 10:20:54 -0800 (PST)
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On Tue, 30 Dec 1997, Heather & Joe Way wrote:

> I get involved in it a lot because of my
> job. There are some old answers, some vague answers and some solid ones.
<snip>

It is great to have experts in certain fields on the list who can shed
light on some very common questions.  I really appreciate that.

That leaves only one question unanswered, why is it more prone to leaking?
I have heared the story at least twice that a system leaked only with
silicone fluid.  Is it more viscous?  Can it seep through clearances that
DOT 4 can't seep through?

Ulix
Castrol LMA in single circuit system (and staying that way)