Re: Vega GT rims

To: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: Vega GT rims
From: Agustin de la Calle <agustin@risotto.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 08:47:17 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Ulix,

I have tried to put on Vega 6" rims with 185/60 Yokos racing tires. I got
some rubbing of the rear square arch Midget. I already had rolled the
inner lips (of the fenders of course) upward, but there is a dent on the
inside fender that will eventually be in the way. It won't take much more
work, but that little that is in the way is just a big pain in the tire.

 Currently I drive the stock wheels with 175/70-13 and they don't rub with
1/4" wheel spacers. I want to avoid the fouling at the springs. It made me
a bit nervous to see some rubber shavings at the springs. I also know that
the tires are indeed too wide for the puny rims.

Good luck,
Gus

'71 Midget