Re: Vega GT rims

To: Matt Liggett <mliggett@pobox.com>
Subject: Re: Vega GT rims
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 11:07:42 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Weller advertises in a number of british Mag's like Cars and Car
Conversions, etc, where they normally offer their street wheel line.  They
offer an off-the-shelf 5.5" by 13 wheel designed for Midgets.  The Weller
Racing wheels are lighter, and stronger - the rim is seam welded to the
center around 100% of the circumerence of the wheel, rather than through
spot welds.  I got mine through a local racing tire distributor who normally
has them for Formula Fords.

The wheel I use is pewter gray in colour, and has a series of 1" dia. holes
all the way around the center.  My offset is about 4.375", I think - I'll
measure tonite if I can remember. I'll also get the part no. for my wheels,
it might mean something if someone called Weller and asked for help. The
effect is very vintage appearing - very appropriate to the car compared to
aluminium mag wheels.

Brian