Re: Need immediate help!

To: Lancer7676@aol.com
Subject: Re: Need immediate help!
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 08:34:05 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
If you've had the crank turned already, then you need to figure out if it's
the crank or the block that out.  It's easiest to Mic the crank, and a dial
verier caliper is probably accurate enough to compare the three journals.
If you haven't had the crank turned, then look at it to see if there's
significant wear there - drag your fingernail across it and see if it
catches at all on any microgrooves.  If it does, get it turned.

If you have had the crank turned, then I'd double check with red
plastigauge, and if it's 3 thou or less just put it together.  I tend to
build loose engines, tho, and feel comfortable with 3 thou, but not much
more...I try for 2.5 thou.

Brian