Rookie Mistakes

To: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rookie Mistakes
From: jburruso@pacbell.net
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 08:20:10 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
A month or so ago, I asked for and got some great advice on whether or
not to fully restore my newly aquired, disassembled Bugeye or to slap it
together and drive it for awhile.  Thanks to the sage advice of the
list, I have decided to fully restore the car and put off the driving
till its done.  However,  after careful evaluation of the car, what I
find I have is a very solid, relatively rust free car that has had a
minor front end collision in the past.  The two longitudinal frame
members are somewhat tweaked at the front, and the bonnet is warped so
that when trial fitting it, it appears that it has spread at the rear.

 My plan is to do most of the restoration myself.  The work of frame
straightening and major bodywork such as the bonnet is beyond my scope
and abilities.  Are there any suggestions out there for a good
body/frame/restoration shop in the Southern California or Central
Coastal areas?  Secondly, at what point (cost) does one buy a new bonnet
rather than repair the old one?  Lastly does anyone have experience with
frame straightening or section replacement?

I want to start this restoration off on the right foot so I am depending
on the cumulative wisdom of the group to help me from making some rookie
mistakes.

Thanks
Joe Burruso
jburruso@pacbell.net