Fuel Pumps

To: "spridget" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Fuel Pumps
From: Grant <ggrant@magi.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 98 12:46:40 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Have a question regarding fuel pumps .. Have a 1973 (registered) 1971
(according to the date it was built) midget I am restoring ... bought a
couple of 1967 midgets for a large inventory of new parts that came with
the cars. I have what appears to be a brand new fuel pump from a 67
(assume it to be positive earth) and want to know how can I tell if
positive or dual polarity. Opened it up to find the diode but cannot find
it.

Does anyone know:

(1) how to tell the difference between a positive and negative pump,
(2)whether the reproduction fuel pumps are duel polarity, and
(3)if not where would I look for the diode (referenced in several past
posting on the list)

thanks .... glenn

Dr. Glenn C. Grant
78 MGB, 71 Midget