Need some parts: Meet me at Chicago swap?

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Need some parts: Meet me at Chicago swap?
From: jphender@soli.inav.net
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 10:48:43 -0600 (CST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
This message is to anyone with parts that is planning to attend the
Chicago MG club's parts swap meet on Sunday:

I have found lots of good people on the net that have offered to sell me
needed used parts at very reasonable prices.  If only they lived next
door.  Shipping charges for the larger items (like a bonnet aka hood)
was several times the item's value.

I'm hoping to get lucky (oh, you know what I mean) and find someone who
has some of the parts I need at the Chicago meet.

Here is my list of needed parts:

1.  Bonnet (or hood -  it covers the engine) not caved in
2.  thermostat cover for crossflow type cooling system
3.  Brake light switch:  mechanical type - actuated by pedal.
4.  Heater valve assembly (block to heater core)
5.  hubcap with AH stamped in it
6.  one taillight lens (not sure which one)

I'll be bringing a clutch disk that I bought 10 years ago if anyone is
interested. It is unused but wrong for my car.  Apparently it is for the
948 or 1098.

Feel free to email if you can help (or point me to a Chicago area
bone-yard!) I'll be in Naperville from Friday night.

Thanks a million!  (Do you think that is too pricy?)

Jim Henderson

'69 Sprite MKIV HAN9U78817G