Re: Tyre Sizes

To: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: Tyre Sizes
From: Stan Fickes <fickes@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 09:13:37 -0800
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Ulix-
I am running 175/60 13 Dunlop SP4 tires, and find them adequate for my
driving style.  OK, I don't race, but I do enjoy the car.  ;)  They are
mounted on 1275 Rostyle wheels, painted all silver.  You can see how they
look at <http://www.foundations.com/fickes/Sprite.html>.  They are 1/2"
wider than the proper disc wheels for the '65 year, and IMHO look much
better when solid silver than the original scheme.

I've been lurking for a week or so, and glad to see there's a Spridget
list!  I couldn't take the volume of the MG list, and it was too much B
oriented anyway.  So, time for me to once again be a little more active in
the world...  sf

At 06:18 PM 2/18/98 -0800, Ulix Goettsch wrote:
>175/60-13 would be the perfect size for me, I think.  However, I have
>never seen this size in the US.
>I will check some of the mail order tire companies.

Stan Fickes        Nothing is more rewarding than to watch
Software Engineer  someone who says it can't be done get
I-Cube, Inc.       interrupted by someone actually doing it.