Re: Leaf Spring Refresh

To: "Ulix Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Leaf Spring Refresh
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 13:45:58 +1100
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Personally I wouldn't bother taking them apart. You can use a dry lubricant
and squirt it on. Perhaps a motorcycle chain lubbe if there is a dry
formulation.

I've seen a couple of different types of clamps holding the springs
together.
The folding tab type don't take to reuse all that well (from experience) but
if you have an after-market u-bolt type, then that would be fine.

To hold them together while I reclamped, I used a pair of large vise grips
to temporarily clamp the springs together.

Mike