Re: Clutch Problems -- again!

To: chuck ciaffone <chuckc@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch Problems -- again!
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 19:04:06 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

chuck ciaffone wrote:

> Hey Y'all,
>
> Over night, it seems, my clutch has started to bind. At least that's
> what it feels like. Wednesday, the car ran great and the clutch felt
> fine. Thursday, the first day my wife has driven the car since
> I installed the 5-speed, she complained that she could barely
> move the clutch pedal. I thought she was just weak (she does
> lift weights, so I should have known better!). So I went out to
> the garage, confidently slid in and presses the clutch. Or, tried
> to. It feels like someone put a block of wood to wedge the clutch.
>
> I'm gonna get under it this weekend, check the mechanicals and see
> if I can get fluid to spurt out of the blled valve. But I really,
> really don't want to yank the engine/gearbox again.
>
> Anyone got any suggestions as to what to look for?

Chuck

I just went threw this with the brakes.
Check the rod adjustment on the master cylinder it may be causing the
piston not to release pressure. (At least thats why my brakes stay locked
up)
Also the jap slave has an adjustable rod maybe you can try an adjustment
there.
I'm new to this set up too but my clutch has been fine.

Good luck

--
Frank Clarici
Seeing all of you at Sprite Rush 98