Re: Distributor Points

To: Stan Fickes <fickes@acm.org>
Subject: Re: Distributor Points
From: Les Myer <lmyer@qtm.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 22:08:37 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
>While on the subject, I've been playing with the idea of making a device
>that would spin the distributor (on the bench, of course) and provide the
>dwell angle of each lobe, allowing quick and easy setting of the dwell off
>the car.  I've become tired of R&R the distributor 3 or 4 times each time I
>buy new points.  Is anyone else out there interested in such a thing?  sf
>Stan Fickes

Stan, are you saying you remove the distributor to install points?  I leave
it in and use a feeler guage.  If the dwell ends up too high, I open up the
gap a little bit - or if it is too low, I close the gap a little.  This
only requires removing the cap.  If you really want to know the dwell on
each lobe, or difference bewtween lobes, an oscilloscope will show that.

Les