Re: Distributor Points

To: "Les Myer" <lmyer@qtm.net>
Subject: Re: Distributor Points
From: "David Ramsey" <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 98 20:20:07 PST
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Les,
        I remove the distributor to change the points in my car.  It's a lot
easier to gap the points on the bench than in the car!  I have scribed a mark
on the distributor and the clamp.  I just remove the distributor, replace the
points, gap them, install the distributor, line up the marks and tighten the
clamp.  For some reason my dwell meter doesn't work on my Bug-I's I guess its
that pos ground thing.   Because dwell affects timing and timing doesn't affect
dwell when my timing is off I adjust the points. Is there a better way to do
this?  If your dwell meter works on your car just install the points crank the
motor and adjust the dwell to spot-on while cranking and tighten the screw.
Thats how I do it on my cars that my dwell meter works on.
                        Crash