Gen/Tach Connector

To: spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Gen/Tach Connector
From: chasdoug@gte.net
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 13:38:12 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
When I got my bugeye the tach connection to the generator had been
stripped at the gearbox -- the whole thing was wired on with coat-hanger
wire!

I got a new gearbox, and by the time I got it tightened down enough to
stay, it ended up matching the previous one, i.e. stripped.

I got another new one, and I've been tightening it up slowly.  Still
spins.  Tried loctite.  Still spins off.

Is there something I'm missing here, some black art, some magic
incantation or sacrifice of small animals, some magic number of turns to
tighten the locknut that will hold it and not strip it?

advTHANKSance

Chas Douglass -- Seattle WA