Re: Gen/Tach Connector

To: chasdoug@gte.net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Gen/Tach Connector
From: PVanWig@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 23:17:50 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-02-24 17:01:22 EST, chasdoug@gte.net writes:

<<
 When I got my bugeye the tach connection to the generator had been
 stripped at the gearbox -- the whole thing was wired on with coat-hanger
 wire!

 I got a new gearbox, and by the time I got it tightened down enough to
 stay, it ended up matching the previous one, i.e. stripped.

 I got another new one, and I've been tightening it up slowly.  Still
 spins.  Tried loctite.  Still spins off.

 Is there something I'm missing here, some black art, some magic
 incantation or sacrifice of small animals, some magic number of turns to
 tighten the locknut that will hold it and not strip it?

 advTHANKSance

 Chas Douglass -- Seattle WA

Now you know why electronic tachs are in the later cars.
Paul Van Wig
Long Beach, CA
60 Bugeye
60 Minor Woody