Re: Gen/Tach Connector

To: spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Gen/Tach Connector
From: Dave Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 21:09:24 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Chas,
If you are referring to the tach gearbox unscrewing from the back of the
dynamo, here's an old trick.  After attaching the gearbox to the dynamo,
slit a piece (long enough to reach from the backplate of the dynamo to
the side of the tach gearbox) of rubber hose, of the appropriate
diameter, lengthwise.  Slip the hose over the knurled nut or brass hex
nut making sure it covers the threaded extension of the dynamo.  Use the
worm/screw type hose clamps to clamp each end of the hose.  This may
look a little strange but the tach drive will not back off and fly
around denting the bonnet as mine did!  I remove the hose when showing
the car.  This way you do not have to tighten down the nut so much that
it strips.
I hope this is what you wanted.  Good luck.
Dave
'59 :()