Re: steering rack mount

To: TBOLIN@scana.com
Subject: Re: steering rack mount
From: pprofili@hercii.mar.lmco.com (Phil Profili)
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 08:02:48 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I am rebuilding my 66 Sprite - and I noticed the same thing.  The car is off
having some welding done right now, but if my memory serves me, I believe mine
only has the plate on the right also.

I have yet to drive the car, so I don't know if it's a problem yet.  I thought
that maybe a previous owner had replaced the steering rack and only fitted one.

> From spridgets-owner@autox.team.net Wed Mar  4 20:27:05 1998
> From: "BOLIN, TIMOTHY" <TBOLIN@scana.com>
> Subject: steering rack mount
> To: "'spridgets@Autox.Team.Net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
>
> the right steering rack mount on my 65 midget had a metal plate
> sandwiched between the frt side of the crossmember and the mount itself.
> the thickness is about 3/16". the left side had no seat as it is refered
> to the the bently manual, and the left rack boot seemed to be rubbing
> against the upper spring seat.  has anyone noticed these seats or
> spacers during their rebuilds and /or should i make up these seatsfor
> the left side.  i will take in consideration the alignment of the
> steering column and the pinnion i doing so.
>
> thanks and best wishes to all
> tim

 |.___/    ""-.____/ |      /| Email: pprofili@hercii.mar.lmco.com   |
<||  Phil Profili  __|-----<-| Phone: (770) 494 1287                 |