Re: Bugeye Update and Questions

To: chasdoug@gte.net
Subject: Re: Bugeye Update and Questions
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 09:55:09 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On Wed, 18 Mar 1998 chasdoug@gte.net wrote:

> Finally, does anyone know of anyplace in the Seattle area that can do a
> front end alignment on a bugeye?  All the regular tire places have
> machines that my little car won't fit on.  I had to set the toe-in
> myself after changing the tie rod gaiters, and it really doesn't feel
> right to me.  It feels like the left front tire wants to "tuck under"
> when turning hard right, if that makes any sense.

Hi Chas,
I had mine done at "Affordable Tire and Brake" across the street from the
Miata dealer on Roosevelt.  They give you a nice computer printout and are
priced reasonably.
I suspect that your "tucking under" might not be cured by setting toe-in.
Some more serious "improvements" might be required.  You are welcome to
try the ones applied to my car :-)

Ulix, Seattle

                                                           '67 Sprite