Re: 5 Spd Conversion???

To: Jaral48462 <Jaral48462@aol.com>
Subject: Re: 5 Spd Conversion???
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 09:00:58 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Ron,

you really should email Bill about this.
But if the case is very similar, it shouldn't matter.
My tranny has a backup light switch and another one that I think indicates
neutral (for a starter lockout).  Can't remember where the drain is.

Did you have yours rebuilt?  I would be very interested in knowing how
much a job like that costs!

Ulix

On Thu, 19 Mar 1998, Jaral48462 wrote:

> I see a lot of conversation going on about the Rivergate 5 Spd Conversion. Got
> a question.  A few of us here in Michigan are in the process of making the
> conversion.  We got together to take our 210 transmissions over to Dr. Datsun
> for R&R before stuffing them in the car.  Found that we had two different
> configurations of transmission!!!  Both supposedly out of Datsun 210's.  The
> easiest way to visually discribe the difference is that one has a vertically
> positioned Drain Plug and the other has a horizontally positioned Drain Plug.
> There are some subtle differences in the transmission case castings but its
> hard to discribe.  One also has more electrical switches attached to it.  They
> both have the 13/16 dia. X 18 tooth splined input and output shafts.  Any one
> know the difference between the two?????  AND does it make a difference??????
>
> Ron Mitchell
> SEMAHC

                                                           '67 Sprite