Re: Hot Bearings

To: chasdoug@gte.net, spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Hot Bearings
From: Randell Jesup <Randell.Jesup@scala.com>
Date: 26 Mar 1998 01:41:39 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Agustin de la Calle <agustin@risotto.mit.edu> writes:
>Jacking up the car and testing for free spin certainly will clarify the
>temperature problem. I never had a rubbing brake in the front - many times
>in the rear, though.

        It can happen due to swollen (internally) brake lines, which leave
residual pressure on the brakes after the pedal is released.  This can
be very confusing....  It may not be what's happening here, of course.

--
Randell Jesup, Scala US R&D, Ex-Commodore-Amiga Engineer class of '94
Randell.Jesup@scala.com