Spridget rear suspension

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spridget rear suspension
From: Deikis <Deikis@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 21:34:50 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Okay, the front end is rebuilt with the poly bushings, offsets, shock shims,
525# Winners Circle springs and 3/4 inch Addco swaybar, "competition" valved
rebult dampers from Apple, and spring pan lowering shims from Moss. Now I've
got the rear springs off and my cardboard parts box full of a rebuilt set of
stock dampers, lowering blocks, poly bushing set, and a bunch of new clamps
and that poly stuff that goes between the spring leaves and I'm ready to go to
work.

So, the question in my preparation of a streetable vintage racer half-elliptic
car:

Do I pull apart and clean the leaves, put in the poly strips between each
leaf, and re-assemble?  Or should I remove one or more leaves to soften the
springs...and, if so, should I then run heavier fluid in the rear dampers?

Seems some racers stiffen the rear and some go softer.  Any advice?  If
softer, does that necessitate a rear swaybar?  I have one laying around and
can fit it easily at this point.  Advice?

Thanks in advance!

--John D.