Re: Spridget rear suspension + STP

To: R Williams <spriteracer@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Spridget rear suspension + STP
From: Agustin de la Calle <agustin@risotto.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 15:05:22 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: ulix@u.washington.edu, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, R Williams wrote:
> whole lot more softly sprung than the front; so the rear seems to bounce
> a little when driving over undulating pavement (most pavement in south
> Louisiana). I am going to put STP in the rear shocks to stiffen them up.

Rick,

I have heard that STP is going to dissolve eventually all rubber seals of
the shocks. I have not put STP in mine. I have changed the valving
(stiffer valving from MOSS UK - ships really inexpensively due to small
size) and have used the thickest motorcycle fork oil I could find.

I don't bottom out that often anymore, but I hate all tiny speed bumps.
That's were I bottom out even when "snailing" over the bumps.

Cheers,

Gus
'71 Midget