Re: Spridget rear suspension

To: "Deikis" <Deikis@aol.com>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Spridget rear suspension
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 12:55:20 +1000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
You should leave in the plastic separators - they prevent the springs from
premature wear and provide some small protection from rust (they stop
the leaves from rusting together.

I'd hold on the sway bar until you have tried the car. The rear anti-sway
bar will
do two things for you apart from roll reduction 1) it will decrease the
maximum
grip at the rear (more oversteer/less understeer or as you guys say 'it
makes the
car more loose') 2) it will increase the likelihood of inside wheel spin
when cornering
under throttle.

Of course if you car has chronic understeer then you can fit the rear
anti-sway bar
if you wish (but I'd reduce front in preference). This in turn may
necessitate a LSD
if you drive very hard.

Mike